A deal a day... great things to do, eat, see, & buy in your area. Shop Groupon.com today!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sisters Who Care - Diabetes Event

Sisters Who Care - Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes 2011 Seven years ago today, my Dad had to have his leg amputated due to Diabetes. I just registered and created a web page on the American Diabetes Association's website this morning, to raise funds to fight Diabetes... not even realizing today's date at the time. My sister, Janet, and I will also attend the "Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes" event (again) in Kansas City this September... we will be walking as a team (Sisters Who Care) in memory of our Dad, Jim Smith, who passed away on 4/23/04 which was just 5 weeks after having his leg amputated from complications due to Diabetes. This cause is very important to me, and I hope to raise a lot more money than last year (signed up late for the last event)... would really appreciate as many sponsors as possible. Thank you all in advance!! :)

http://main.diabetes.org/goto/SistersWhoCare_Karen

.

1 comment: